Mortal Kombat 11 has a packed roster with 25 characters(at the time of launch) and additional DLC characters. However, not all characters will be unlocked at the very beginning of the game. In this guide, you will know how to unlock all characters in Mortal Kombat 11.
How to unlock all characters
Like said before, Mortal Kombat 11 will have a total of 25 characters at the beginning of the game. It has been this way since its launch in the year 2019. Out of these 25, only 23 players will be unlocked when you start the game. However, you can unlock the rest of the two characters – Frost and Shao Khan, by following the steps below:
In order to unlock Frost, you must finish Chapter 4 of your story mode. Generally, you will be given a choice between either Scorpion or Sub Zero in Chapter 4. Among these two, choose Sub Zero each time you’re playing Chapter 4. As soon as you finish the chapter, you will see Frost unlocked in your roster – as simple as that! On the other hand, if you chose Scorpion by mistake, you can still replay the part of the chapter with Sub Zero.
2. Shao Khan
Unlike Frost, Shao Khan can not be unlocked by playing the Story Mode. The developers made Shao Khan exclusively for those who pre-order the game. Unfortunately, the NetherRealm Studios haven’t decided on bringing back Shao Khan. But, there are rumours that the developers might give a chance for all the newcomers to access all the playable character in one way or other. However, you might have to pay for him.
Related article: “How to get corrupted shinnok in Mortal Kombat X?”
In addition to the two unlockable characters mentioned above, the game developers also release DLCs every now and then. For instance, recently, NetherRealm studios announced “Aftermath” that will feature three new characters: Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop. Here is how you can access DLC characters:
In Xbox One
1. Find “Mortal Kombat 11” on your games and apps dashboard.
2. Highlight the icon and press the “Menu” button on your controller.
3. Select the “Manage Game” option
4. When you access it, you will see a lot of options. Here, you have to scroll to the right to see what DLC is ready to install.
5. Finally, install the add-on content that you are trying to download.
1. Go to the Mortal Kombat 11 page on your PS4 Game Library.
2. Find “PlayStation Store” located at the bottom of the screen.
3. There, you will see “Your Add-ons”, wherein you can manually download individual pieces of released content.
4. If the character that you need is not listed there, go to “PlayStation Store” section the Game, and select “View All”
5. The content available for you to access for Free will be listed as “Free”.
6. After you choose the content to download, it will be listed under “Your Add-ons”.
This is how to unlock all characters in Mortal Kombat 11. Keep an eye on the updates from NetherRealm Studios. This way, you will know when the DLC characters will be released.