If you are wondering how to add friends in PUBG, then you have come to the right place. Let’s face it, it is not always that we would want to team up with random players across the country. Sometimes it is even more fun to play with your friends. Perhaps use the game as an excuse to catch up with some of your old friends! Here is how you can add them:
1. Launch PUBG on your mobile, console or any other platform that you use.
2. Wait for the game to load. Once the game is loaded, you will see the landing screen or the home screen of PUBG.
3. The home screen is where you will see your avatar in the middle with a set of features and options on the ends.
4. Locate a silver silhouette of two faces on your home screen. Typically, this is found on the extreme bottom left corner of your screen.
5. If you tap on that icon, it will take you to a different screen wherein you will find a menu on the right-hand corner of your screen that reads: “In-game”, “Recent” and “Add friends”.
6. Tap on the “Add Friends” tap and type your friend’s Username or Player ID. If you don’t know their ID, it is best to ask them.
7. After typing any one of those, hit “Search”. You will see the search results. From there, tap on the plus icon on the right-hand side of the player’s banner.
8. Once you have sent your request, you have to wait till your friend accepts it from their “Friends” menu. This will add you to their friend’s list.
Note: For PC the silver silhouette is found on the bottom right corner. The rest of the steps are the same.
How to find Username or Player ID
If you or your friend is having a hard time locating the username or player ID, then follow the steps mentioned below:
1. On PUBG home screen, click on the top right corner that shows both of your in-game name and profile icon.
2. Tapping your profile icon will take you to a different page. Here you will find a new dashboard that shows stats and other account details.
3. In the main menu of this dashboard, you will notice a number(usually between 5-12 digits) and a character ID. These are the player ID and username.
How to play along with your friends
To play a squad match or duo with your friends, you have to invite them. Follow the steps below:
1. Go back to your home screen.
2. In the case of PUBG Mobile, there will be a drop-down menu below the big “Start” button wherein you can choose between Squad, Solo or Duo.
3. Once you have ascertained to the game mode, click on the “Invite Friends” button on the bottom of your screen. This is next to the silver silhouette.
4. Invite your friends by clicking the “+” button next to their respective names.
By following this guide on how to add friends on PUBG, you can play along with your friends.