Even though Pro-PUBG players know how to change name, for starters, it is really confusing. Unlike many other games wherein you can customize your avatar at ease, PUBG demands a rather comprehensive method to do the same. At one point, it was considered impossible to change your name in PUBG. But thanks to the frequent updates from the game developers, now you can.
How to change name in PUBG
1. Launch PUBG on your mobile device, console or any other platform that you use to play the game.
2. Navigate to the home screen: This will be the landing screen as soon as the game finishes loading.
3. Locate the “Inventory” tab: This is found in the bottom of your screen, next to the “Armory” tab. To make things easier for you, this will be the fifth tab from right on the bottom of your screen.
4. When you click the “Inventory” tab, a menu will pop towards your right hand from which you should tap the crate icon. This icon will be present in the bottom right of the screen.
5. Once you click on the icon, you will see a lot of cards. Among them, choose the one with the “ID” icon. This is called the “Rename card”.
6. Access the card and click on the “Use” button.
7. This prompt will open a dialogue box wherein you can enter the name of your choice. Once you have entered it, press the “Ok” button to save changes.
How to get rename card
Method 1: Completing In-game missions
Perhaps the easiest way to earn a rename card, completing missions in PUBG will give you a chance to change the name. However, this method is only applicable if your character is between levels 1 and 10. You will get a rename card as soon as you complete all the levels till 10. You can access the “Missions” tab from your home screen. Always keep an eye on that tab, so that you can avail your rewards promptly.
Method 2: Participating in Crew Challenges
Unlike the previous method, you can earn an unlimited number of rename cards by participating in crew challenges. However, you have to kill as many as opponents and should stay until the very last zone to maximize your yield. Once you have played enough challenges, you will get “Crew Points”. To use this crew point, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Access the “Crew” tab on your home screen. 2. Locate the “Shop” option.
3. This will get you to another tab wherein you can purchase “Rename card”.
4. Each “Rename Card” is 200 crew points.
Method 3: Purchase a rename card using UC
UC or Unknown Currency is the in-game currency. A rename card costs 180 UC and you can purchase one from the “Shop”.
With this, you will know how to change name in PUBG using rename cards.
Pro-tip: Another easy way to get a rename card is to not play PUBG for at least 15 days. This will unlock ” Return mission”. The reward for the third returner mission is a rename card!